Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 5 mins | Serves: 2
Bread slices – 4
Pasta sauce *(refer notes) – 4 tsp
Cheese slice* – 2
Chopped onion, tomato, capsicum – 1/2 cup
Chilli flakes – 1/4 tsp
Butter – To smear
- Heat the sandwich maker (You can make in dosa pan too). Meanwhile, gather the ingredients needed. Apply pasta sauce to the bottom bread of the sandwich.
- Keep the onion tomato capsicum in two sides, so that each triangle is filled with the stuffing. Over it, place the cheese slices, torn and folded so that it wont ooze out easily in the sides.
- In a well greased sandwich maker or dosa tawa, toast these sandwiches until golden and crisp.
- *You can use mozzarella if you are gonna serve immediately. Or a mixture of mozarella, cheedar/ sandwich cheese for real pizza effect.
- *You can also use pizza sauce or tomato ketchup plus italian seasoning in place of pasta sauce.
- Chilli flakes are optional.
- I used very less cheese. If you want more you can add, but keep in mind that the cheese may ooze out as the sandwich gets toasted. Then cleaning will be a mess.
- You can make the same in grill (Dosa pan) too..
You can wrap in aluminium foil after cooling and pack for lunch box