The Jeera Rice (Pulao) Recipe is simple rice recipe that you can make in less than 20 minutes. The fresh roasted cumin along with ghee when combined with steamed rice, brings out a fantastic nutty flavor that goes well with a variety of Vegetable Gravies, Dals & Kadhi’s to make a great weeknight dinner.
1 cup rice (regular local rice)
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 tablespoons ghee
salt to taste
Directions for Jeera Rice (Pulao) Recipe
- To begin making the Jeera Rice (Pulao) Recipe, we will first cook the rice in a saucepan. First rinse the rice well in water
- Place the washed rice in the saucepan, add salt, 1 tablespoon ghee and two cups of water. Bring the rice to a brisk boil.
- Once the rice comes to a brisk boil, cover the pan, turn the heat to low and cook the rice until all the water is completely absorbed. Once all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat.
- Allow the rice to rest for 10 minutes before you can mix the roasted cumin into it. The rice will fluff up as it rests.
- After 10 minutes, heat a tablespoon of ghee in a small pan. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Once it crackles and you can smell the roasted aromas, turn off the heat.
- Pour the roasted cumin (jeera) into the cooked rice and using a slotted spoon, stir the rice gently and fluff it up.
- The Jeera Rice (Pulao) is now ready to be served along with Vegetable Gravies or Dals & Kadhi’s to make a great weeknight dinner.